Message: 2020 is a Win!
Communicator: Pastor Stephen Masters
Big Idea: Celebrating wins changes our perspective
Central Text/s: Galatians 6:9; Joshua 4:19-24
Wins and Words of the Week: Take time to share WINS, (what God did) and WORD, (what God shared with you from His word) that moved you and others forward and closer to Jesus.
Questions to Consider:
- What is one word or phrase that best describes your 2020?
- What is one positive and one challenge that 2020 revealed to you about you?
- Read Galatians 6:9. How can this verse be a challenge for you in 2021? What change/s will you need to make to live it out?
- Read Joshua 4:19-24. Why do you think these twelve stones were so memorable for the nation of Israel? What “stones” or life sign posts are reminders of God’s faithfulness to you?
- What wins have you not celebrated from 2020? What difficult situation/s could you begin to give thanks for believing that God is going to use it for good?
- Read 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18. For many, these are difficult verses to live out, would you agree or disagree? What does it look like to “rejoice always” or to “give thanks in everything”?
- Every win is an opportunity to see the faithfulness of God. Take time as a group to reflect upon his faithfulness? Declare out loud where you saw his faithfulness.
- Every number has a name, every name has a story, and every story matters to God. What number (win) that Stephen shared from 2020 caused you to celebrate? Finish this sentence: I saw the hand of God in 2020 by…
- How can you be a win for someone in your group? Who do you know needs your group to be a win for them?
Questions for Application:
- What specific steps will I/We take to live out what we just discussed?
- Who can we share this message or truth with? What is their name?
- Who are you praying for to know Jesus? What is their name?
- Who will I partner with to keep me accountable so I/We can grow?