Message Series: Truth Week: #7
Communicator: Pastor Stephen Masters
Big Idea: We are blessed to be a blessing
Central Text/s: John 14:6; Acts 20:35; Ephesians 1:3; Genesis 12:2; 2 Corinthians 9:8
Wins and Words of the Week: Take time to share WINS, (what God did) and WORD, (what God shared with you from His word) that moved you and others forward and closer to Jesus.
Ice Breaker: Who is the most generous person you know? How do you feel when you are around him/her?
Questions to Consider:
- What does a blessed life look like to you? What are some of its characteristics?
- How does a mindset of abundance differ from a mindset of scarcity? Which mindset best describes you? Why do you think that about yourself?
- Read Acts 20:35. Share a time when you experienced this truth firsthand. What took place and who was involved?
- Read John 3:16-17. Familiarity breeds contempt! Let’s revisit what this verse means for us and our world? How do these verses speak to having a heart of gratitude?
- How would you describe people who live life “closed fisted” to God and others, and those who live a life that is “open handed” to God and others? What are some characteristics and or possible results?
- Read Acts 3:1-6 Describe the setting…what the people in this story might be thinking, feeling, seeing and hearing. Looking at vs. 6, what is the gift you have to give to someone in need? What might that look like?
- As a group take time to thank the Lord for the abundant blessings that He has given us. Call out the blessings of the people in your group. Be specific!
- Read Genesis 12:2. We are blessed to be a blessing! What gifts, talents, time, or experiences do you have that can be given to others? What is the first step you need to take to make that happen?
- Read Proverbs 11:25. Why do you think God has blessed you? How does He want to use your blessing/s to bless others? Try to be specific.
- One thing we each have been given in abundance is the truth of this series–who needs to hear a truth that you have been given? God is the same–yesterday, today and forever, freedom is found in confession, God is not done with us yet, confidence comes from Jesus, we are invited to rest, and we have all we need in Jesus?
Questions for Application:
- What specific steps will I/We take to live out what we just discussed?
- Who can we share this message or truth with? What is their name?
- Who are you praying for to know Jesus? What is their name?
- Who will I partner with to keep me accountable so I/We can grow?