Message Series: Good News…Great Joy! – Week: 3
Message: Can’t Contain
Communicator: Pastor Kevin Geer
Big Idea: That you would leave with a great joy from Jesus that is so amazing, so incredible, you literally can’t contain it.
Central Text/s: Luke 2:10-20; John 4:26; 28-29; Romans 10:13-15
Wins and Words of the Week: Take time to share WINS, (what God did) and WORD, (what God shared with you from His word) that moved you and others forward and closer to Jesus.
Ice Breaker: What is one exciting event you experienced that you couldn’t contain and had to share it?
Questions to Consider:
- Who is the first person you call when you have good news to share?
- Read John 4:26, 28-29. The shepherds, and the woman at the well are two examples of people who couldn’t contain the good news. What are some other biblical examples?
- Read Romans 10:13-15. How does this passage help you understand your role in bringing good news to our world?
- Read Ephesians 2:10. How would you define a masterpiece? What does your life show that Jesus is painting a masterpiece on your canvas? What does your ‘canvas’ declare about God’s activity in your life?
- What’s your ‘joy quotient’ these days? How satisfied are you with that? How astonished are you by the Christmas story this year?
- What will it take to increase your joy this year? What are some steps you can take to welcome the Holy Spirit’s rekindling of joy in your life?
- When are you most vulnerable to having your joy stolen? How can you combat that strategy of the enemy?
- If joy shared is joy doubled, who is someone that could use your story of joy?
- Within your circle of influence, who needs to hear your Jesus story? What is one Jesus experience you will make sure you share with them?
- Take time as a group to pray for each other to be bold in sharing your Jesus story. Pray also for an increase of the Joy of the Lord in your lives.
Questions for Application:
- What specific steps will I/We take to live out what we just discussed?
- Who can we share this message or truth with? What is their name?
- Who are you praying for to know Jesus? What is their name?
- Who will I partner with to keep me accountable so I/We can grow?