crossed the line.
Week #6 Crossed the Line
Communicator: Kevin Geer
Big idea of the message: Being a Peace Projector!
Central text/s: Romans 12:18
Wins and Words of the Week: Take time to share Wins, what God did, and Word, what God shared with you from His word that moved you forward and closer to Jesus.
Ice Breaker: Describe your happy place. Where is it, why is it your place of peace?
Gather questions are more God (Upward) focused, moving us closer to Jesus
- Did you have a moment this past week when you took the opportunity to apply last week’s truth, to let go of bitterness? Tell about it.
- The peace of God kills worry, stress and anxiety: Read Hebrews 12:14; Philippians 4:6-7 Talk about the challenges in these verses and what we can do to live them daily.
- Read Romans 12:2; 2Corinthians 10:5 What do these verses say about how we are to think and WIN THE BATTLE OF THE MIND?
- Paul pointed out that God’s standard is glorious. (Rom. 3:23) Kevin has quoted this a few times in this series. How have you seen this point woven through your life? How are God’s ways proving to be better than the way we as people naturally think?
Grow questions are more “one another” (Inward) focused, moving us closer to each other
- Kevin talked about projecting peace in relationships. How is this different from projecting dysfunction? What are the benefits to projecting peace?
- Read Romans 12:18. What must you do to apply this verse in and through your life this week?
- Read 2 Timothy 2:22. What healthy areas in your friendships do you specifically need to pursue? Talk about your seasons of changing friends. How have you seen positive and negative results when you made changes?
- Kevin talked about boundaries versus walls. What are some of the differences between boundaries and walls? What are some relational indicators that you may need to re-examine your boundaries or walls? Tell about it.
- Good friends can speak truth into your life. Do you currently have friends that intimately speak life into your relationship with God? How can you become more vulnerable to have healthier relationships like this? “Show me your friends and I’ll show you your future”
- Titus 3:2 says to ‘not slander anyone and to avoid quarreling’. Have there been times you successfully chose to ‘shut up’ when your mind wanted to say something that was not helpful? How have you seen this as a powerful truth? There are times to speak truth, and times to be quiet. How do you appropriately decipher between the two?
Go! questions are more missional and applicable (Outward) focused, moving us closer to our unsaved world
- How will you project peace this week? Be specific
- Kevin’s 3 points were:
- Win the battle of the mind.
- Surround yourself with good company.
- Shut up!
How do you plan to apply one or more of those this week? Who will you bless with this information this week?
- Kevin gave the homework to memorize Philippians 4:6-7. How would this radically impact your family and community if you began to have this on the forefront of your life?
Application: “Putting Feet on our Faith”
- What specific steps will I/We take to live out what we just discussed?
- Who can we share this message or truth with? What is their name?
- Who are you praying for to know Jesus? What is their name?
- Who will I partner with to keep me accountable so I/We can grow?
Week # Proverbs Daily Reading: Truth to Live By
- Romans 12:9-19
- Proverbs 20
- Proverbs 21
- Proverbs 22
- Proverbs 23