Week #8 Cycle Buster
Communicator: Kevin Geer
Big idea of the message: Establishing a cycle of function for our lives
Central text/s: Psalm 32:8; Psalm 139:23-24; Acts 3:19-20
Wins and Words of the Week: Take time to share Wins, what God did, and Word, what God shared with you from His word that moved you forward and closer to Jesus.
Ice Breaker: What message or topic from this series has had the biggest impact on you? What are your personal take-aways from this series?
Gather questions are more God (Upward) focused, moving us closer to Jesus
- What are some helpful things, cues, “God reminders” you have discovered that focus your attention on “God’s Glorious Standard?” How have they helped you to move forward?
- What are some questions you ask yourself as you pause to reflect on your life, relationships, connection with God? What are a couple of answers that God has helped you with during this series?
- Where are you on the Proactive–Reactive scale of following God? How has that shifted for you over the time you have been following God?
- Read Psalm 139:24-25. What does repentance look like for you? What are some of the intentional steps you make in repentance?
Grow questions are more “one another” (Inward) focused, moving us closer to each other
- Read Hebrews 10:24-25; Acts 2:46-47. What role does community play in transformation?
- Read Romans 3:23. How has wrestling through this series on dysfunction given you greater compassion towards those in your life? How can you grow in healthier ways with those you do life with?
- We have to own and know what our own dysfunction is. What areas have you found you needed to grow in? Who have you aligned your life with to guide you in this lifelong journey?
Go! questions are more missional and applicable (Outward) focused, moving us closer to our unsaved world
- What does abundant living look like? How does God define it? What are some elements of Abundant Living that motivate you toward obedience?
- What are some specific ways that God’s abundant life is made evident to those around you?
- What has been your main take away from this Dysfunction series? What are you doing differently now than you were eight weeks ago?
- Who will you ask to help keep you out of life’s “dysfunction ditch” and empower you towards God’s abundant life?
Application: “Putting Feet on our Faith”
- What specific steps will I/We take to live out what we just discussed?
- Who can we share this message or truth with? What is their name?
- Who are you praying for to know Jesus? What is their name?
- Who will I partner with to keep me accountable so I/We can grow?
Week #7 Daily Reading: Proverbs
- Psalm 139:24-25; Psalm 32:8; Acts 3:19-20a;
- Proverbs 28
- Proverbs 29
- Proverbs 30
- Proverbs 31