Message Series: Click Track Week # 1
Communicator: Pastor Kevin Geer
Big Idea: Jesus lived his life in perfect rhythm as an expression of worship
Central Text/s: Luke 2:48-49,52; Col. 3:23; Romans 12:1; Philippians 2:4
Wins and Words of the Week: Take time to share WINS, (what God did) and WORD, (what God shared with you from His word) that moved you and others forward and closer to Jesus.
Ice Breaker: What is your favorite music genre and why? Do you have a favorite music group or person that you enjoy listening to?
Questions to Consider:
- What was one takeaway from the message this week? Why do you think that thought stuck with you?
- Describe a positive memory when you were 12 years old.
- Read Luke 2:48-52. Put yourself in the story. What would be your thoughts if you were the people in the story?
- Read Romans 12:1. What are components of living a life of worship? What is one area or specific practice you will do this week as an expression of worship?
- Describe how you can elevate your expression of worship. What would that look like at a gathering, on your job, in your home or in the market place? Explain.
- Talk about Jesus’s humanity and divinity. Which one do you struggle with the most and why? Can you give some examples?
- Read Philippians 2:1-8. What characteristics of Jesus do you see in the text? Talk about how those characteristics should translate into your life.
- Read Colossians 3:17, 23. How would you define “whatever” in these two verses? How can these two verses translate into your daily life? Be specific.
- Everything we think, say and do is an expression of worship? Of those three areas, which one do you need to work on the most and why? What will you do to improve in that area?
Questions for Application:
- What specific steps will I/We take to live out what we just discussed?
- Who can we share this message or truth with? What is their name?
- Who are you praying for to know Jesus? What is their name?
- Who will I partner with to keep me accountable so I/We can grow?
Group Prayer Options:
- Ask: What was one praise and one challenge you experienced this week? Celebrate the praises and pray for the challenges.
- Prayer Question: “What’s going on in our lives that we can involve Jesus?”
- Ask if anyone has a need or knows of a need, you can also offer “unspoken” prayer requests.
- Pray together for our first responders, essential workers, local churches, pastors and staff, hospital personnel, civic leaders, our President and Congress.
- Pray for the person on your right, it can be out loud or in silence, if in silence nudge the person next to you letting them know you are done.
- Prayer Clusters: Groups of two or three (by gender) and share your week together. Pray together and for each other. Send them a text, or leave a message letting them know you have prayed for them this week.
- Have someone in your group keep a list of both requests and answers then celebrate the answers.