Message Series: Easter in October – Week# 1
Message: Right In Front of You
Communicator: Pastor Kevin
Big Idea: Jesus reveals himself to us and longs to be experienced.
Central Text/s: Luke 24:13-35
Wins and Words of the Week: Take time to share WINS, (what God did) and WORD, (what God shared with you from His word) that moved you and others forward and closer to Jesus.
Ice Breaker: What item do you spend more time looking for than any other? Where do you usually find it?
Questions to Consider:
- What is your favorite Jesus miracle story? How has it touched your life?
- Take turns reading aloud Luke 24:13-35. What is one part that jumps out at you?
- Do I see Jesus as one who is disappointed in me so I need to “do better” or do I embrace his love and righteousness for me so I want to “do better”?
- Jesus doesn’t hide from us. He wants to be seen and he constantly pursues us to do life with us. Discuss what this truth means to you? How does knowing that he never leaves us or forsakes us encourage you in your faith?
- As you look back over your life, what are some instances when you now see that Jesus was walking with you but you may not have seen it at that time?
- Jesus broke the bread, and their eyes were opened. What spiritual cue does God use to reveal himself to you? (Luke 24:30-31)
- Who needs to hear your Jesus story? When will you tell them? What is one key part of your story that you will make sure they hear?
- Describe a time when the Scriptures burned in your heart as The Holy Spirit revealed Himself to you? What was the scripture?
- Out of the four responses on the connection card, 1. I give my life to Jesus. 2. I have believed the Jesus story but never let it change my life. 3. I want the reality of this story to change my reality. 4. I will share my death to life story. Which resonated most with you? How do you plan on addressing it in your life? How can we as a group best support you in moving that forward?
Questions for Application:
- What specific steps will I/We take to live out what we just discussed?
- Who can we share this message or truth with? What is their name?
- Who are you praying for to know Jesus? What is their name?
- Who will I partner with to keep me accountable so I/We can grow?