The Fog: Week #4
Message: Easter: Where Are You Looking?
Communicator: Pastor Kevin Geer
Big Idea: Our identity, worth and security can be found only in Jesus
Central Text/s: Luke 24:1-11
Wins and Words of the Week: Take time to share WINS, (what God did) and WORD, (what God shared with you from His word) that moved you forward and closer to Jesus.
Ice Breaker: Describe your best memory of Easter growing up. What made it so special?
Questions to Consider:
- What is your favorite comfort food and why? Does it remind you of anything?
- When did Easter change from receiving eggs to receiving His salvation? Describe the change that took place.
- Read Luke 24:1-3 What has been a “freekasaurus” event for you?
- Looking at Luke 24:4-5 and the response of the women: Describe a time when you experienced a miraculous answer to prayer? How did you respond to God?
- Kevin stated: “you won’t find what you are looking for when you look in the wrong place.” Describe a time when you looked for identity, security, and or worth in all the wrong places. What was life like for you then? How did your life change when you found your true identity in Jesus.
- Read Luke 24:6-9 Looking at vs. 8. What words of Jesus do you remember that can speak life to your group? Do you have a “life verse” to share with your group?
- Read Luke 24:10-11; Acts 1:8. Kevin made a strong statement: “How do you know if your love for Jesus is genuine? By not keeping Jesus to yourself!” Who do you need to tell about Jesus? Pray as a group for those names and a boldness to share Jesus with them.
- Read Ephsians 3:16-19 Talk about Paul’s prayer. What are the promised results to his prayer and how do they enhance your faith?
- Finish this sentence: “Lord I am grateful for your gift of salvation because….”
- We can find comfort in the Holy Spirit, the “Comforter”. What area can we as a group pray for His comfort in your life? Take time as a group and pray for each other.
- As a group, continue the discussion of the Coronavirus. What new concerns do you have? Pray for each other regarding those concerns.
- Pray together for our first responders, essential workers, local churches, pastors and staff, hospital personnel, civic leaders, our President and Congress.
Application: “Putting Feet on our Faith”
- What specific steps will I/We take to live out what we just discussed?
- Who can we share this message or truth with? What is their name?
- Who are you praying for to know Jesus? What is their name?
- Who will I partner with to keep me accountable so I/We can grow?