Message Series: Truth Week# 6
Message: Have It All
Communicator: Pastor Stephan Masters
Big Idea: We have all we need in Jesus
Central Text/s: John 14:6; Psalm 23:1; Matthew 6:25-33; Proverbs 3:5-6
Wins and Words of the Week: Take time to share WINS, (what God did) and WORD, (what God shared with you from His word) that moved you and others forward and closer to Jesus.
Ice Breaker: Describe a gift or item that you really wanted as a kid…or as an adult. Why do you think you wanted it so much?
Questions to Consider:
- How would you describe want, contentment and greed? What are the differences? Do you believe it is healthy to want things? Why or why not?
- What is one part of the current world situation that has you worried, fearful or anxious? Is there something in your life situation that has you worried, fearful or anxious?
- Describe a time when you felt most at peace? What were the circumstances?
- What helps remind you to be content in all circumstances? What is a challenge for you to live out this truth of having all we need in God?
- Read Matthew 6:33 What does this verse say about God’s promise and our responsibility? What could they both look like in your life?
- Read Psalm 23:1-3 What does this Psalm say about our lives? What comfort do these truths provide us now and in the future? Explain.
- Read Psalm 18:2 What descriptor of God is most comforting and reassuring? How will you receive and implement that descriptor this week?
- As a group, go around the room and share something or someone you are thankful for. Finish this time in prayer, declaring words of praise for those people and things you are grateful to God for.
Questions for Application:
- What specific steps will I/We take to live out what we just discussed?
- Who can we share this message or truth with? What is their name?
- Who are you praying for to know Jesus? What is their name?
- Who will I partner with to keep me accountable so I/We can grow?