Week #2 Healthy Home
Big idea of the message:
Main points: (Kevin’s 3 points here) In a healthy home there are three important aspects: The foundation, Load-bearing walls and Decor’.
Central text/s: Romans 3:23; Proverbs 3:5-6;
Key thoughts or phrase/s:
Home inspection, Healthy relationships…
Crawl questions are more general discussion focused tied to the message topic
- Pastor Kevin introduced three important aspects of a healthy home: the foundation, load-bearing walls and decór. Which of the three are you naturally more drawn to consider/invest in/develop?
- What does it mean to make Jesus the foundation of the relationships?
- What are some practical ways you can ensure that Jesus’ voice is the loudest in your home?
Walk questions are more personally directed more “one another” focused.
- Read 2 Corinthians 6:14-15, 1 Peter 3:1b-2, and Mark 10:6-9. What is God’s standard for healthy relationships?
- If healthy relationships are load-bearing walls in the home, what are some elements of healthy adult relationships? What are elements of healthy marriages ?
- Kevin gave some practical ways to have healthy relationships (Jesus-centric home, marriage, and advice to a young person).
- What are some HOME INSPECTION take aways that are hard for you?
- What are some HOME INSPECTION take aways that you already do or plan to implement?
- Divorce is is an uncomfortable topic, but is a fruit of dysfunction. Talk about how it or other fruits of dysfunction can tear down the load bearing walls of a relationship.
- Read Matthew 12:25.
- Jesus knew feuding would not build up a family or marriage. Talk about how your family or marriage successfully handles a feud or disagreement.
- How do you handle conflict in relationships? Do you Avoid it, Address it defensively or address it collaboratively? Explain
- Kevin stated that “a person who struggles with respecting authority will struggle with God.” What is one practical way you show honor and respect to authority—maybe even when you don’t want to?
- Read Ephesians 6:1-3.
- How has “Honoring your mom and dad” impacted your own life?
- What is one way you can start honoring your Heavenly Father better?
Run questions are more missional and application focused moving us outward
- Read Proverbs 3:5-6
- What does it mean to you to “trust in the Lord”? What does that look like in real time?
- Describe a time when you “depended on your own understanding” instead of trusting the Lord.
- What steps do you take to “seek his will in all your do”. Examples?
- What practical step will you take this week to move closer to God’s standard in your own relationships?
- Based on your “home Inspection” which part, (foundation, Load-bearing walls, decor’) will you specifically address this week?
- What will you do?
- Who can you ask to come alongside to help you with this life changing project?
- Share about what “Next Step” you chose on the Connection Card and why.
- I give my life to Jesus
- Jesus is not the Lord of my home. Please pray for my family.
- I want a healthy home and must trust God’s leading.
- I am willing to help others establish healthy homes.
Application: “Putting Feet on our Faith”
- What specific steps will I/We take to live out what we just discussed?
- Who can we share this message or truth with? What is their name?
- Who are you praying for to know Jesus? What is their name?
- Who will I partner with to keep me accountable so I/We can grow?
Discipleship Thoughts: Matthew 28:19-20
- What is God saying to you through His word? What text/s support that “word”?
- What do your prayers mainly sound like? I.e. God centered, others centered, self-centered.
- Who are you encouraging, equipping, and empowering to be more like Jesus? Can you name someone you are discipling?
Proverbs Daily Reading: Truth to Live By to Break From Dysfunction