Message Series: Do It! Week# 5
Message: Heart and Soul
Communicator: Pastor Kevin Geer
Big Idea: Jesus has authority to help us go and make disciples
Central Text/s: Matthew 28:18-20; 2 Timothy 2:2
Wins and Words of the Week: Take time to share WINS, (what God did) and WORD, (what God shared with you from His word) that moved you and others forward and closer to Jesus.
Ice Breaker: Growing up, what was one rule in your house that has made the most positive impact?
Questions to Consider:
- What was one part of the message that made you laugh, that challenged you, or made you ask questions?
- “Bloom where you are planted.” On a scale of 1 – 10, 10 being the highest, how are you specifically living this phrase in your life? What does it look like to you to “bloom”?
- Where are you seeing God moving in people’s lives? What is one thing that God has impressed upon you lately that is moving you closer to him? Please explain.
- Read 2 Peter 1:3. What does this verse say to us and how does it help us carry out the great commission?
- Read 2 Timothy 2:2. One of the things Pastor Kevin shared this week is that as believers we should be mentored and mentoring others. You might be experiencing this but aren’t aware of it. Who speaks God’s life into you? (Mentor). Who are you speaking God’s life into? (Mentee).
- Read Matthew 28:19. God tells us to “GO”! Who is on your mind right now that you need to disciple? Do you feel you have the tools needed to do this? Why or why not? How can we as a group help us to be better prepared to be a successful “goer”?
- Statistics show that people are more likely to come to church because they were invited. Who can you invite to church this week or for coffee to talk about what God is doing in your life? Share a win and a life challenge with them.
- Who in your life is a candidate to become a new disciple? Have you invited anyone to church lately? Has someone you invited attended a gathering? What was their thoughts of the experience?
- Read Matthew 28:20. How does this verse encourage you? Who do you know needs to hear and know that God is with them always even in the difficult times?
- Matthew 28:20, tells us that we are not alone, God is always with us. Do you feel equipped to disciple others or do you struggle with thoughts like “I cannot do this” or “I am not ready” or “I fall short”. How can we as a group discuss ways to help us overcome these fears?
- Where at Canvas church can you be make Jesus famous? What ministry area be involved in so others can make Jesus famous? Who in your group is already serving at Canvas? Learn what they do and see if it is an area that you might want to get involved with?
Questions for Application:
- What specific steps will I/We take to live out what we just discussed?
- Who can we share this message or truth with? What is their name?
- Who are you praying for to know Jesus? What is their name?
- Who will I partner with to keep me accountable so I/We can grow?