Message Series: Truth – Week# 5
Message: I’m Tired
Communicator: Pastor Rylan Faucett
Big Idea: In Jesus I can find my rest
Central Text/s: John 14:6; Matthew 11:28-30; Psalm 143:10; 2 Corinthians 12:9-10
Wins and Words of the Week: Take time to share WINS, (what God did) and WORD, (what God shared with you from His word) that moved you and others forward and closer to Jesus.
Ice Breaker: Paint for us a picture of your perfect “rest” scenario. Where would you go? What would you do? How long would it take for you to find your perfect rest?
Questions to Consider:
- On a scale of 1 (being exhausted beyond belief) to 10 (being full of energy and ready to go), where would you rate yourself? What is contributing to that rating currently?
- What are some burdens that are weighing you down these days?
- Read Matthew 11:28-30 to answer questions 3-5. To whom do we go to find our rest in the midst of life’s burdens and chaos.
- What is a yoke? How does it work? What does it mean to take up Jesus’ yoke? What do we know about Jesus’ yoke?
- What does ‘rest for your soul’ look like? How well are you living a life with burdens that are ‘easy and light?’
- What are some areas of alignment that need examination in your life? How do you go about the process of realigning your life with Jesus?
- Read Psalm 143:10. How does this verse apply to realignment? What are some other verses that come to mind about God’s commitment to your realignment?
- Read 2 Corinthians 12:9-10. What is the good news of these verses? How is God’s grace sufficient for you? Where is God’s power made perfect in your weakness?
- Read Philippians 4:6-7 How can times of quiet and prayer be restorative and fill your life with God’s peace?
- Read Psalm 23:1-6 What is one thought from this Psalm that encourages you or reminds you that your Good Shepherd, Jesus leads so you can find His rest? How can this truth speak life into another this week?
- What words of life do you need to hear and receive so that you can speak words of life to those around you?
Questions for Application:
- What specific steps will I/We take to live out what we just discussed?
- Who can we share this message or truth with? What is their name?
- Who are you praying for to know Jesus? What is their name?
- Who will I partner with to keep me accountable so I/We can grow?