Message Series: Galatians Week #1
Message: Jesus Goggles
Communicator: Pastor Kevin Geer
Big Idea: Like Paul, we need Jesus to give us new eyesight and insight to who he is so we can boldly reveal him to others.
Central Text/s: Galatians 1:11-12; Phillipians 3:5-6; Acts 8:1; 9; Romans 1:16
Wins and Words of the Week: Take time to share WINS, (what God did) and WORD, (what God shared with you from His word) that moved you and others forward and closer to Jesus.
Ice Breaker: Describe something that is most important to you outside of family. Why is this so important to you? Explain.
Questions to Consider:
- Which part of this week’s message resonated with you the most? Which part challenged you to make a significant change in how you live? Explain.
- What do you know about Saul/Paul? As a group make a list.
- What is one aspect of the Christian faith that you follow very closely or strictly?
- When Paul was on his way to Damascus, Jesus revealed himself. Imagine how that felt for Paul. If you were to come around a corner and “run into Jesus”, what do you think he would say to you? What would you hope he would say to you?
- After you gave your life to Jesus, what was the first thing God revealed to you about your life?
- What would your life look like with you constantly wearing “Jesus goggles”? What things might you see differently? What would other people look like through your “Jesus Goggles”?
- Read Galatians 1:10 and Romans 1:16. Pastor Kevin spoke about how he “wants his boldness” to be as evident as a mask on his face. What would a boldness for Jesus look like in your life? What is one bold step you can take this week that people would see Jesus as obvious as you wearing a mask on your face?
- Read Galatians 1:11-12. Do you find yourself spending more time learning from people or from the Holy Sprit through his word? Why or why not? How does your time in God’s word reflect your experience with Jesus?
- Read Philippians 3:4-6. We read how devoted Paul was to his understanding of God. What would be on your list that describes your devotion to God?
- Read 1 Corinthians 11:1 Why do you think Paul had the boldness to tell the people to “imitate me, just as I imitate Christ”? Doesn’t that sound conceited? What about your life could you make the same statement to others?
Questions for Application:
- What specific steps will I/We take to live out what we just discussed?
- Who can we share this message or truth with? What is their name?
- Who are you praying for to know Jesus? What is their name?
- Who will I partner with to keep me accountable so I/We can grow?