Message Series: Truth – Week# 4
Message: Power of Confidence
Communicator: Pastor Kevin Geer
Big Idea: Because the Holy Spirit lives in us we can live our lives in complete confidence.
Central Text/s: John 14:6; John 14:26; 1 John 4:44; Galatians 2:20; Hebrews 13:21
Wins and Words of the Week: Take time to share WINS, (what God did) and WORD, (what God shared with you from His word) that moved you and others forward and closer to Jesus.
Ice Breaker: Which of Snow White’s seven dwarfs describes you best (Bashful, Doc, Dopey, Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy or Sneezy)?
Questions to Consider:
- How do you differentiate between confidence and arrogance?
- What are some of the areas of life where we can be tempted to seek self-confidence?
- Read 1 John 4:4. How does this passage begin to lay a foundation for confident living?
- Where do you place some of your confidence? Example: A job, a home, a car, intelligence, social status, other? Is having confidence in one or more of these wrong? Why or why not?
- Read Acts 1:8. God gives us the power to be his witnesses and gives us dreams that are beyond our ability to accomplish. What does a witness of Jesus look like to you within your circle of influence?
- What is one dream that God has given you that only he can accomplish? Where are you in the process?
- When you follow his leading you are living in his purpose. What do you think the Holy Spirit is leading you to do? How does that confirm God’s purpose for your life? What might his purpose in you look like?
- Read Galatians 2:20 Talk about the fact that Jesus gave his life specifically for you. What does that mean to you? As a group takes some time to thank him in words of praise and adoration for what he has done, is doing, and will lead you in the future.
- Read Hebrews 13:21. How can this truth produce confidence in you to walk obediently in purposes of God’s?
- Psalm 71:5 says, “For you are my hope, Lord God, my confidence from my youth.” Discuss how this verse speaks life to you and potentially can speak life into others.
Questions for Application:
- What specific steps will I/We take to live out what we just discussed?
- Who can we share this message or truth with? What is their name?
- Who are you praying for to know Jesus? What is their name?
- Who will I partner with to keep me accountable so I/We can grow?