Mood Swings: Week #2
Communicator: Pastor Kevin Geer
Central Text/s: Colossians 3:8,12; Mark 3:5; Psalm 139:23,24; Hebrews 4:15,16
Wins and Words of the Week: Take time to share WINS, (what God did) and WORD, (what you are focusing on from His word) that moved you and others forward and closer to Jesus.
Ice Breaker: Besides attending a Gathering and or your Life Group, what is one activity you are going to do once” shelter in place” is lifted? Who will join you?
Questions to Consider:
- Describe what your “new normal” might look like once “shelter in place” rules are removed?
- After thinking about how untamed our emotions can be, name one emotion or behavior you would like to have better control over. Who will you ask to pray with you to work on this?
- What are some of the things that are ‘hot buttons’ for you, or set you off, that maybe you need to avoid this week? Whose Facebook posts do you need to avoid, or which news briefings do you need to mute? How can you set yourself up for emotional success this week?
- Read Mark 3:1-6. How often do you observe the emotions expressed in bible passages?
- Describe the emotions and reactions of Jesus, the man with the deformed hand, and the Pharisees. Now put yourself in the story, what emotions or reactions do you think you would have if you were one of the characters?
- What does it mean for you to “shelter in grace”? What is one way this week you can express this to others?
- What would it look like to journal your emotions this week? What do you need to make this a reality? What could expressing emotions in prayer to God look like for you this week?
- To enhance your self-awareness of emotions, attitudes and areas of personal growth: Read Psalm 139:23,24. How can implementing this prayer help you move forward and closer to Jesus?
- Read Ephesians 4:21-24 How are we as believers to “dress”? What is our part and what is the Holy Spirit’s part? What is the desired outcome from this changing of “spiritual attire”?
- Pick someone (same gender) you don’t regularly connect with and call or text them this week. Ask them these three questions: 1. What is your favorite…something? 2. Most challenging or fun part of your week? 3. How can I pray for you?
- Continue the discussion of the Coronavirus. What new concerns do you have? Pray for each other regarding those concerns.
Application: “Putting Feet on our Faith”
- What specific steps will I/We take to live out what we just discussed?
- Who can we share this message or truth with? What is their name?
- Who are you praying for to know Jesus? What is their name?
- Who will I partner with to keep me accountable so I/We can grow?