Message Series: Revelation: The End
Message: The Adversary – Week # 4
Communicator: Jenelle Wilson
Big Idea: Identify the real from the counterfeit by standing firm in Jesus
Central Text/s: Revelation 12-13; 1 Peter 5:8-9
Wins and Words of the Week: Take time to share WINS, (what God did) and WORDS, (what God shared with you from His word) that moved you and others forward and closer to Jesus.
Ice Breaker: What is one major thing you would like to accomplish before Jesus returns?
Questions to Consider:
- From this week’s message: What made you laugh? What encouraged you? What made you scratch your head in confusion? What challenged you to make significant changes in your life as a result?
- What comes to mind when you think of the the devil’s appearance? Do you have images of him from a halloween costume or a horror movie? Did the description of him in Revelation seem like something out of a “sci-fi” movie? What about satan scares you now?
- Thinking about the time you spend on social media, television, gaming, hobbies, online shopping etc.. What subtle thoughts, habits or actions that aren’t necessarily bad but might be a distraction to your life expression of worship? What is fighting for your attention? Who will you partner with to encourage you to strengthen your time with Jesus?
- Read Revelation 12:7-12 What specifically does it say about the dragon (satan) and what does the Bible say we Christians should do to overcome him?
- Read and Discuss 1 Peter 5:8-9. Where do you see the devil trying to “devour” our society and the people around you? What do you do to stand strong in your faith in Christ? Who do you know within the “family of believers” that we as a group can encourage and pray for?
- Jesus says in John 10:10; “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.” How do you see the actions of “the thief” play out in your life or those around you? How can you tap more into Jesus this week and experience the abundant life that He offers?
- We are in a spiritual battle, satan hates us (God’s people) and does all he can to destroy us. Read and discuss Ephesians 6:10-17. What is the purpose of the armor that is described? What piece of armor do you need to put on the most right now?
- Jenelle reminded us to pursue the “real deal” and not the counterfeit. On a scale of 1-10, 10 being excellent; how would you rate your life expression of worship? How would you rate your time in God’s word? How can you raise your number one or two notches this week?
- Out of the four responses on the connection card, (1. I give my life to Jesus) (2. I’ve been “Switzerland”. I need to choose a side) (3. I’ve fallen for the counterfeit. I want the real thing) (4. I’m going to live alert and pursue being an expert in Jesus) which resonated with you? How do you plan on addressing it in your life? How can we as a group best support you?
Questions for Application:
- What specific steps will I/We take to live out what we just discussed?
- Who can we share this message or truth with? What is their name?
- Who are you praying for to know Jesus? What is their name?
- Who will I partner with to keep me accountable so I/We can grow?