Message Series: Revelation: The End
Message: The Millennium – Week # 7
Communicator: Pastor Stephen Masters
Big Idea: Look forward to the future, but live for Jesus today.
Central Text/s: Revelation 20:1-8
Wins and Words of the Week: Take time to share WINS, (what God did) and WORDS, (what God shared with you from His word) that moved you and others forward and closer to Jesus.
Ice Breaker: If you could instantly be an expert in a subject, what would it be and why?
Questions to Consider:
- From this week’s message: What made you laugh? What encouraged you? What made you scratch your head in confusion? What challenged you to make significant changes in your life as a result?
- What are you looking forward to most when Jesus returns?
- Read and discuss Revelation 20:1-3. What do you think life would look like without Satan? Would the world be without sin during this time? Why or what not?
- What “dragons” have you already slain in your life because of your relationship with Jesus? How do you keep those “dragons” defeated?
- Stephen mentioned the idea of “already” (What we have in Christ now) but “not yet” (What we will have upon His return). Read 1 John 3:2-3. From these verses, talk about what we have now as believers and what we will have and experience when Jesus comes again?
- What do you think it will be like when Jesus rules on this earth? What does it look like to let Jesus rule and reign in your life?
- Read and discuss Revelation 20:7-8. Why do you suppose God unbound Satan and let him out of his prison? Why do you think Satan will try again to deceive the nations upon his release?
- What word picture would you use to best describe “surrender”? How can that idea translate into your life in Christ and with others? Please be specific.
- Read Psalm 72:17-19. Take time as a group to worship Jesus our King. This could be a great time of prayer, praise and Joy! Bless His name, declare what He has done in your life and ask Him to fill the whole earth with His glory.
- Out of the four responses on the connection card, (1. I give my life to Jesus 2. I need to look to Jesus for my peace 3. I need to stop and thank God for what he has done 4. Jesus, reign in my heart! I give you control.) which resonated with you? How do you plan on addressing it in your life? How can we as a group best support you?
Questions for Application:
- What specific steps will I/We take to live out what we just discussed?
- Who can we share this message or truth with? What is their name?
- Who are you praying for to know Jesus? What is their name?
- Who will I partner with to keep me accountable so I/We can grow?