Message Series: Revelation: The End
Message: The Wedding – Week #6
Communicator: Pastors Rylan Faucet & Alan Warneke
Big Idea: There is going to be a wedding, we the church are the bride and Jesus is the bridegroom, will we be ready?
Central Text/s: Revelation 19:6-9 6 Then I heard again what sounded like the shout of a vast crowd or the roar of mighty ocean waves or the crash of loud thunder: “Praise the Lord! For the Lord our God, the Almighty, reigns 7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and let us give honor to him. For the time has come for the wedding feast of the Lamb, and his bride has prepared herself. 8 She has been given the finest of pure white linen to wear.” For the fine linen represents the good deeds of God’s holy people. 9 And the angel said to me, “Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding feast of the Lamb.” And he added, “These are true words that come from God.”
Wins and Words of the Week: Take time to share WINS, (what God did) and WORDS, (what God shared with you from his word) that moved you and others forward and closer to Jesus.
Ice Breaker: What is one funny, creative, or weird memory you witnessed or experienced at a wedding?
Questions to Consider:
- From this week’s message: What made you laugh? What encouraged you? What made you scratch your head in confusion? What challenged you to make significant changes in your life as a result?
- If you are married, share with the group some details of your wedding proposal? If you are not married, describe what you would like your wedding proposal to be.
- Read Isaiah 62:5b What comes to mind when you read that God rejoices over you? How does this truth make you feel? Is this truth hard to grasp? If so, why?
- Describe the different relationships we have with Jesus: a child, a friend, a servant and a bride. All are part of our relationship with Jesus. Which one do you identify with the most and why?
- On the day of a wedding ceremony the bride gets ready for that special event. Talk about what steps a Christian (the bride of Christ) must take to get ready for Christ’s return?
- Read and discuss Ephesians 5:25-27. How does Paul describe Christ and his bride the church? What might be our response to what Christ has done for us, his bride?
- How can you deepen the intimacy in your relationship with Jesus? What specific step/s will you need to take? I.e. bible, prayer, obedience, loving others, service, giving, other.
- Read and discuss 1Corinthians 13:11. What is one area (a childish thing) in your life that you need to put away? What is one thing you will add to your life to be more mature in Christ?
- Out of the four responses on the connection card, (1. I give my life to Jesus. 2. I need to stop limiting my relationship with Jesus to that of a Child/Friend/Servant. 3. I want make myself ready, as the bride prepares for the groom. 4. The “wedding” creates an urgency in me to live as the bride of Christ.) which one resonated with you? How do you plan on addressing it in your life? How can we as a group help you to live this out?
Questions for Application:
- What specific steps will I/We take to live out what we just discussed?
- Who can we share this message or truth with? What is their name?
- Who are you praying for to know Jesus? What is their name?
- Who will I partner with to keep me accountable so I/We can grow?