there is hope.
Big Picture: How does what God is doing fit within our Life Group?
- Share WINS for the Week
- Ice Breaker question: What is your favorite ice cream and how long have you attended Canvas?
- What was the main point or direction of the message?
Digging Deeper: What does it say about God? (Upward) What is God saying to us? (Inward) What will we do with this truth? (Outward)
Crawl: questions to create discussion, general to the message topic Dysfunction Defined:
Romans 3:23 “For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard.”
— not operating normally or properly,
- Who sets the standard of what ‘normal’ looks like in our society?
- What media avenue most influences your “normal”? Movies, Music, T.V., Books, etc.?
- What are some obstacles we face in admitting to dysfunction in our lives/families/selves?
Walk: personally directed questions (Inward)
Romans 3:23 says “For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard.”
- What comes to your mind when you hear this verse? Fear, Confidence, Hopeless, Challenged, something else?
- How does this thought process help us understand the dysfunction we all experience?
Proverbs 14:12 says “There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way to death.”
- What are some things that make the way seem right to us?
- How have you experienced the final destination being death, or destruction?
- What three truths about dysfunction did Pastor Kevin bring up? Anything about these three that surprised you, or made you think? Any others you would add?
- Have you been able to identify any personal cycles of dysfunction that you have allowed to sneak into your family or personal life?
Run: deeper open ended questions, missional and application centered (Outward)
- Where do we start in addressing dysfunction in our lives, families, friends?
- What are some practical ways that we can start with Jesus? What are some new behaviors that we can adopt? As a group make a list of some practical behaviors.
- What does it look like to begin with hope in mind? How does that encourage you to continue moving forward with faith?
- What are some particular passages that bring hope and confidence in God’s ability to transform your life that you lean on?
A quote, point or scripture to focus on in question form:
“The goal is to learn to depend on — to trust — what God says is true about you, so that together you can begin dealing with that Stuff” (From the Book TrueFaced)
What does God’s word say about you? Read Eph. 1:1-19; 2:10 (Realize that the plural pronouns can be your Life Group and you as an individual.)
Application: Putting Feet on our Faith
● What specific steps will I/We take to live this out.
● Who can we share this message or insight with?
● Who are you praying for to know Jesus?
● Who will I partner with to keep me accountable so I/We can grow?