Message Series: Do It! Week# 1
Message: What If?
Communicator: Pastor Kevin Geer
Big Idea: God has great dreams for you and wants to remind you of the hope he has for you.
Central Text/s: Exodus 4:30; 6:6-9; Romans 15:13
Wins and Words of the Week: Take time to share WINS, (what God did) and WORD, (what God shared with you from His word) that moved you and others forward and closer to Jesus.
Ice Breaker: What do you already do well that you will improve upon in 2021?
Questions to Consider:
- What has God revealed to you about himself that you are convinced of?
- What dream has the Lord dropped in your heart that you are very excited about?
- Reading Exodus 6:9 Describe a time when you were very excited about something in your life, but as time passed your excitement turned into discouragement or despair? Can you give an example?
- What mindset or habit do you feel you have been stuck in a for some time?
- Read 2 Timothy 1:7 Discuss the different parts of this verse and how can you use them as a daily encourager in your life?
- What area in your life do you need to start asking the question “What If?” e.g. What if God were to do this in and through my life? What if God wants to birth this ministry or that new spiritual habit? What if God began to change the hearts of the people around me? Ask What If?!
- Read Romans 15:13. Talk about the truths you see in this verse. How can you use this verse as a launching pad for your life in 2021? Be specific.
- Read Philippians 1:6 and Romans 8:28. How can these verses encourage and challenge you to move towards that dream that God planted long ago in your heart?
- Read Matthew 19:26; Jeremiah 32:27; Ephesians 3:20. What does God reveal about himself? How do these verses bring encouragement into your life? Is there an area that comes to mind where the truth of these verses will be very helpful for you this week?
- As a group share one area or dream that you would like to see God do in 2021. As a group pray for those dreams. Keep a record of the dreams and refer to them often as God begins to move in those areas?
- Take time to share words of encouragement to various people in your group. What Scriptural truths that have helped you in difficult or discouraging times. Be brief, and use it as a time to bless and encourage each other.
Questions for Application:
- What specific steps will I/We take to live out what we just discussed?
- Who can we share this message or truth with? What is their name?
- Who are you praying for to know Jesus? What is their name?
- Who will I partner with to keep me accountable so I/We can grow?