wisdom as a guardian.
Wisdom as a Guardian
Communicator: Les Welk
Big idea of the message: The Value of Wisdom
Central text/s: Proverbs 4
Wins and Words of the Week: Take time to share Wins, what God did, and Word, what God shared with you from His word that moved you forward and closer to Jesus.
Ice Breaker: What was the best advice (wisdom) you have ever received or given?
Gather questions are more God (Upward) focused, moving us closer to Jesus
- Read Proverbs 4:1-6. Why do you think God emphasizes the value of “paying attention to His instruction” gaining wisdom? What does it say about His love and desire to make us thrive in life?
- Discuss ways we neglect or forsake God’s instruction or wisdom. What do you think we choose to live this way?
- Discuss ways we individually and as a group can acquire more wisdom for our lives? How can gaining more of God’s wisdom bring glory to God?
Grow questions are more “one another” (Inward) focused, moving us closer to each other
- Read Proverbs 4:7-13 As you read this passage, list the promises and the benefits of seeking wisdom. Which one speaks loudest to you?
- How can we as a group help each other make better life choices?
- Les made the statement: “Guard wisdom well, and it will guard you” What thoughts come to mind when you hear or read that? What does that look like in your life?
Go! questions are more missional and applicable (Outward) focused, moving us closer to our unsaved world
- Les shared a story of how reading a chapter in Proverbs each day produced more wisdom in his life and ministry. Would this be a challenge you as a group would take on for a month? How will you encourage one another, keepo each other accountable?
- Read Dueteronomy 30:11-16; 19-20. What are the challenges you read in this passage about living? What prevents you from choosing life, blessings over death and curses?
- Read James 1:5-8 What is James saying about how God gives wisdom if we ask Him for it? If we ask, what is our part or responsibility?
- Who do you know needs God’s wisdom? How will you help them make better life choices that are wise and full of life?
Application: “Putting Feet on our Faith”
- What specific steps will I/We take to live out what we just discussed?
- Who can we share this message or truth with? What is their name?
- Who are you praying for to know Jesus? What is their name?
- Who will I partner with to keep me accountable so I/We can grow?