Message Series: Fresh Start – Week #2
Message: With Everything
Communicator: Pastor Kevin Geer
Big Idea: Love God with everything…soul and strength!
Central Text/s: Matthew 22:37-39
Wins and Words of the Week: Take time to share WINS, (what God did) and WORD, (what God shared with you from His word) that moved you and others forward and closer to Jesus.
Ice Breaker: If you had a time machine, would you go back in time or into the future?
Questions to Consider:
- What is something you try to remember every day, maybe some spiritual truth that orients your day? What helps you to practice that discipline every day?
- Read Matthew 22:37-39 why do you think this is such a key teaching of Jesus? How does Dueteronomy 6:4-5 compare and how do the two passages compliment each other? Which aspect of each passage challenges you to grow?
- Referencing Luke 12:48, Share in your group what gifts and or talents you believe you have. You might even affirm the gifts you see in others in your group. How can you better express your gifts and talents for God. Where will you start?
- What are some things you have/are that can be used for God’s glory?
- Read Romans 11:36. How does this verse help us understand what we have, and what we are to do with all we have? Where do you see your life full of gratitude and where might you see in your life an attitude of entitlement?
- Read 1John 3:18 How can we personally act on this verse this week? Who do you know could use your act of love this week? How can we act on this verse as a group? Maybe even within our group?
- What are some questions you can ask yourself that help you be intentional in the way you live every day? What does it look like for you to live life with an open hand?
- What are some of the things you have or are that could be leveraged for the glory of God? Spend some time brainstorming as a group to give each other some feedback and ideas.
- Out of the four responses on the connection card, 1. I give my life to Jesus 2. My stuff controls me. HELP! 3. I feel the weight of much being given to me. 4. I will use everything to glorify Him, which resonated most with you? How do you plan on addressing it in your life? How can we as a group best support you in moving that forward?
Questions for Application:
- What specific steps will I/We take to live out what we just discussed?
- Who can we share this message or truth with? What is their name?
- Who are you praying for to know Jesus? What is their name?
- Who will I partner with to keep me accountable so I/We can grow?